FOR PROSECTIVE STUDENTS
STUDYING AT IUT
1. What kind of majors are there at IUT?
There are two main areas of studies at IUT:
School of Computer and Information Engineering (SOCIE)
School of Logistics (SOL)
SOCIE is divided into two departments: Department of Computer Science and Software Engineering (CSE). Department of Information and Communication Engineering (ICE).
2. In which language IUT courses are taught?
All study programs in IUT are taught only in English (not in Korean)
3. What kind of degree can be obtained at IUT?
After completing a full (four) years of study, successful students will receive a Bachelor’s degree.
4. Am I required to study Korean at IUT?
No. There is no any obligatory courses which require you to take in Korean since all classes are taught only in English. Besides that, there is no any requirement to speak or to study Korean language.
5. Does diploma of IUT considered as an International Diploma?
Yes, it is. The diploma is considered as an International Diploma. It is accounted at an International Level which gives its students a chance to do a job hunting all over the globe
6. Does diploma require any nostrification in Republic of Uzbekistan?
No. There is no requirement of Diploma nostrification if you wish to apply to work at either local companies or government offices.
7. Is there any scholarship available for students applying to IUT?
Yes, IUT offers academic scholarships and founder’s grants on a competition basis.
For SOL (School of Logistics) top 5 students (in total) who successfully passed the entrance examination will be awarded with Academic Scholarship for one semester.Out of five, 2 of them will get a full and 3 of them will get a half scholarship.
Yes. Each year IUT provides 10 students (in total) with founder’s grant for SOCIE(School of Computer and Information Engineering). The Founder’s grant enables students to study at the university free of charge for 4 years. Founder’s Grant holders must maintain the GPA of 3.5 or above in order to retain their grant.
8. What is holiday period for students?
IUT students go to winter holiday (in December-January) and summer holiday (in May-August). Please note that the holiday dates can vary. IUT administration will inform students on holiday in advance.
9. I am currently university student. Can I transfer my studies to IUT?
- Currently, IUT has no transfer program. However, please contact at admissions[at]inha.uz and if there is large number of transfer requests, IUT administration can consider applications for transfer admissions.
10. Is there any chance for a handicapped students to apply to IUT?
Yes, IUT does not limit an admission for a student who has a condition that markedly restricts one's ability to function physically. So, IUT does not put any restrictions for a handicapped/disabled students and fully accepts them on a competition basis on an entrance examination likewise to the other applicants. Facilities of IUT has been fully equipped with elevators, open spaces, recreational areas, and the interiors of buildings.
11. Do you have lyceum under IUT?
IUT has no lyceum now. In future, IUT can open a lyceum, but currently the university focuses development of higher education.
12. Can current IUT students transfer their studies to Inha University in South Korea?
Current IUT students can transfer their studies to Inha University in South Korea. However, IUT students should comply with requirements of Inha University in South Korea.
13. Do IUT graduates have chance to work abroad?
IUT graduates will be able to work at any global company having necessary technical and English skills. However, IUT directs its efforts to train highly skilled specialists for economy of Uzbekistan and does not encourage students to work in foreign states. IT specialists can earn good money without leaving their homes, working remotely for leading IT companies of the world.
14. Can IUT students participate in Summer Work and Travel program, which is organized by Embassy of USA in Tashkent?
Each year, Embassy of USA in Tashkent organizes Summer Work and Travel program. Interested students of IUT may visit their website to be familiarized with program requirements (http://uzbekistan.usembassy.gov/non-immigrant_visas/swt.html). However, please note that IUT is by no means affiliated with this programme.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE/ ADMISSION
15. How can I apply to IUT?
Applicants must go through an on-line application via the official website of the University at www.inha.uz.
16. When is the deadline of application?
On-line application is open from May 1 to July 14, 2016.
17. Is it possible to apply for both departments at the same time?
Yes. Applicants can apply for both schools (SOCIE/SOL) by paying an extra fee of 150,000 sums. They should clearly indicate the 1st choice and 2nd choice from SOCIE and SOL in the application form. If one receives enough score to be admitted to both schools he must be admitted to the first choice and he is considered to fail the second choice.
18. Am I still eligible to apply without an official English test score (IELTS/ TOEFL iBT)?
Yes. But applicants are required to submit a receipt which will verify that he/she is going to take the test at a certain date, no later than 9 July 2016. The result of the test are required to be submitted by the orientation date. (28 July 2016).
19. Am I eligible to apply even if my official test score (IELTS/ TOEFL iBT) is expired?
No. Applicants’ official test IELTS or TOEFL iBT is valid for those issued between 1 August 2014 and 28 July 2016.
20. Is it possible apply as a second major if I have already completed my bachelor degree at other University?
Yes. Applicants who are willing to apply to IUT as a second major they are also required to carry out all the application procedures as other applicant who completed Lyceum/College.
21. Is it required to submit the original diploma during application?
No. Applicants are required to upload a scan version of the original diploma or a verification letter during online application. Original one must be submitted after entering to IUT.
22. Is there other documents asked to be submitted after being accepted to IUT?
Yes, when the admissions process is completed, successful applicants must submit the following original documents to the University by 31 August 2016:
- A medical certificate (form 086);
- A military services certificate (Only for the applicants concerned);
- A certificate of diploma from Lyceum/College or an equivalent certificate from the school where applicant have studied.
23. Is it possible to submit any original documents by fax or online?
No. Prospective students are highly encouraged to submit their original documents by him/herself while coming to IUT Admission’s Office.
24. When is the entrance exam?
The written examinations will be held on 29 July 2016. There is a possibility of two separate examinations for each school on the same day depending on the number of applicants.
25. What kind of examination will be for SOCIE department?
For SOCIE - Mathematics in written form, 20 questions (60 minutes);
- Physics in written form, 20 questions (60 minutes).
- Maximum possible score is 100 point.
Total Score is calculated by sum of 60% of mathematics and 40% of physics scores. Maximum possible total score is 100 point.
26. What kind of examination will be for SOL department?
For SOL - Mathematics in written form, 20 questions (60 minutes);
- Maximum possible score is 100 point.
27. When the result of entrance examination will be announced?
The final results of the entrance examinations will be announced on 12 August 2016, and the list of admitted applicants will be posted on the website, www.inha.uz.
28. Is the entrance examination of IUT related to STC (State test center) of Uzbekistan?
No, IUT entrance examination is not related with STC of Uzbekistan. It is fully carried out by a responsibility of Inha University in Korea.
TUITION, FEES, SCHOLARSHIPS AND FINANCIAL AID
29. How much is tuition at IUT?
Yearly tuition at IUT is as follows:
For SOCIE- the equivalent of 5,000 USD for one academic year/2,500 USD per semester in UZS.
For SOL - the equivalent of 5,250 USD for one academic year/2,625 USD per semester in UZS.
* Payments are made in SOUMs (Uzbek national currency) based on the exchange rate of the Central Bank of the Republic of Uzbekistan on the day of payment.
30. What covers an annual paid tuition fee?
Annual tuition fee (5000 $ for SOCIE/ 5250$ for SOL) includes only a payment for a study tuition fee and book expenses. Please be reminded, tuition fee does not cover a payment for Dormitory.
31. Is there any Founder’s Grants are offered by IUT?
Yes. Each year IUT provides 10 students (in total) with founder’s grant on a competition basis. The Founder’s grant enables students to study at the university free of charge for 4 years. Founder’s Grant holders must maintain the GPA of 3.5 or above in order to retain their grant. For School of Logistics, top 5 students who successfully passed the entrance exam will be awarded with Academic Scholarship for one semester. However, it is kindly advised to the perspective students to secure their own funding or a sponsor.
32. Is there any requirement to pay back a Founder’s Grants?
No. However those grant recipients are encouraged to sign a contract with their Sponsors which includes a part to work for the Founder’s company for 5 years.
33. When is the deadline for a tuition payment?
Every applicant who is accepted to IUT, must sign a contract with University and required to do the payment of tuition fee from August 12 until August 22, 2016.
34. What scholarships are available at IUT?
Academic scholarships can be considered in the following semester for students with exceptional achievements during the course of study at IUT.
35. Is the amount of annual tuition fee same for International students or different?
Yes, it is different.
For SOCIE - the equivalent of 7,000 USD for one academic year/3,500 USD per semester in UZS.
For SOL - the equivalent of 7,250 USD for one academic year/3,625 USD per semester in UZS.
36. Does IUT provide dormitory?
Yes, but for the time being, IUT can provide only a limited number of rooms in the dormitory of the Tashkent University of Information Technologies. A modern style dormitory for IUT students will be built soon.
37. Does IUT send its students to Korea for study programs?
IUT was originally created, not with a purpose of sending the students to Korea, but to bring the world class academic standards and study opportunities of the prestigious Korean University to Uzbekistan. However, Inha University in Korea annually organizes 3-week “Summer School” event, offering lectures on Korean Language, Business Administration, Basic Engineering, etc. Inha’s Summer School program also includes the practice courses on learning Korean culture (Field trip). Application Fee for the “program is approximately US$ 1,200 (flight ticket costs are not included) in 2015.
38. I am older than most students. Does this affect my application's chances?
There is no age restriction when applying to IUT. We welcome individuals of any age to apply.
39. I am citizen of another country. (Not Uzbekistan). Can I still apply as an international student?
Yes. you can apply as an international student.
40. We are company in Uzbekistan. Can we invite IUT students to internship in our company?
IUT encourages students to participate in real projects to gain valuable experience. Any companies, interested in attracting interns from IUT, should send email to firstname.lastname@example.org with information on internship requirements.
If you have any further questions regarding admissions, please contact Admissions office by calling +998712691418, +998712899999 (0410 ext.) or send an email to email@example.com
|Office :||9, Ziyolilar str., M.Ulugbek district, Tashkent city|
|Phone :||+998 71 289-99-99|
|Fax :||+998 71 269-00-58|
|Website :||www.iut.uz, www.inha.uz|