FOR PROSPECTIVE STUDENTS
STUDYING AT IUT
1. What kind of majors are there at IUT?
There are two main areas of studies at IUT:
- School of Computer and Information Engineering (SOCIE)
- School of Logistics (SOL)
SOCIE is divided into two departments: Department of Computer Science and Software Engineering (CSE). Department of Information and Communication Engineering (ICE).
SOL is divided into two departments: Department of Logistics and Department of ICT Management
2. In which language IUT courses are taught?
All study programs at IUT are taught only in English (not in Korean)
3. What kind of degree can be obtained at IUT?
After completing a full (four) years of study, successful students will receive a Bachelor’s degree.
4. Am I required to study Korean at IUT?
No, you are not required to study Korean at IUT. There are no obligatory courses, which require you to take Korean since all classes are taught in English only. You may, however, take optional subject Basic Korean, which is not mandatory.
5. Is IUT diploma considered an International Diploma?
Yes, it is. The diploma is considered an International Diploma. It is recognized internationally, which gives its students a chance to do a job hunting all over the globe.
6. Does IUT diploma require any nostrification in the Republic of Uzbekistan?
No. There is no requirement of Diploma nostrification if you wish to apply for work either at local companies or government offices.
7. Is there any scholarship available for students applying to IUT?
Yes, IUT offers academic scholarships and founder’s grants on a competition basis.
Each year IUT provides 10 students (in total) with founder’s grant for SOCIE. The Founder’s grant enables students to study at the university free of charge for 4 years. Founder’s Grant holders must maintain the GPA of 3.5 or above in order to retain their grant.
For SOL top 5 students (in total) who successfully passed the entrance examination will be awarded with Academic Scholarship for one semester. Out of five, 2 of them will get a full and 3 of them will get a half scholarship.
8. What is the holiday period for students?
IUT students have winter holidays (December~January) and summer holidays (May~August). Please note that the holiday dates may vary. IUT administration will inform students about holiday periods in advance.
9. I am currently university student. Can I transfer my studies to IUT?
- Currently, IUT has no transfer program.
10. Is there any chance for handicapped students to apply to IUT?
Yes, IUT does not limit an admission for a student who has a condition that markedly restricts one's ability to function physically. Therefore, IUT does not put any restrictions for handicapped/disabled students and fully accepts them on a competition basis to entrance examination like other applicants. Facilities of IUT are fully and accordingly equipped including elevators, open spaces, recreational areas, and the interiors of the buildings.
11. Do you have a lyceum under IUT?
IUT has no lyceum now. In future, IUT can open a lyceum, but currently the university focuses on the development of higher education.
12. Can current IUT students transfer their studies to Inha University in South Korea?
Current IUT students can transfer their studies to Inha University in South Korea. However, IUT students should comply with the requirements of Inha University in South Korea.
13. Do IUT graduates have chance to work abroad?
IUT graduates will be able to work at any global company having necessary technical and language skills. However, IUT directs its efforts to train highly skilled specialists for the economy of Uzbekistan and does not encourage students to work in foreign countries. IT specialists are able to earn sustainable amount of money without leaving their homes, working remotely for leading IT companies of the world.
14. Can IUT students participate in Summer Work and Travel program, which is organized by the Embassy of the USA in Tashkent?
Each year, the Embassy of the USA in Tashkent organizes Summer Work and Travel program. Interested students of IUT may visit their website to be familiarized with program requirements (http://uzbekistan.usembassy.gov/non-immigrant_visas/swt.html). However, please, note that IUT is by no means affiliated with this programme.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE/ ADMISSION
15. How can I apply to IUT?
Applicants must go through an online application via the official website of the University at www.inha.uz.
16. When is the deadline of application?
On-line application is open from May 25 (Friday) to July 9 (Monday), 2018.
17. Is it possible to apply for both departments at the same time?
No, there is a chance to apply only for one department either to SOL or to SOCIE
18. Am I still eligible to apply without an official English test score (IELTS/ TOEFL iBT)?
No, each applicant is required to submit a scanned version of IELTS/TOEFL iBT score during online application period. Please, be informed that late submission is not allowed.
19. Am I eligible to apply even if my official test score (IELTS/ TOEFL iBT) is expired?
No. Applicants’ official test IELTS/TOEFL iBT is valid for certificates issued between July 9th, 2016 and July 9th, 2018.
20. Is it possible to apply as a second major if I have already completed my bachelor degree at another University?
Yes, applicants who are willing to apply to IUT as a second major, are required to carry out all the application procedures as other applicants who completed Lyceum/College.
21. Is it required to submit the original diploma during application?
No. Applicants are required to upload a scan version of the original diploma or a verification letter during online application. Original one must be submitted after being enrolled to IUT as a successful student.
22. Are there any other documents required to submit after being accepted to IUT?
Yes, when the admissions process is completed, successful applicants must submit the following original documents to the University during Payment Contract receiving period:
- A medical certificate (form 086);
- A military services certificate (Only for male students);
- A certificate of diploma from Lyceum/College or an equivalent certificate from the school where applicant have studied.
- Photo 3.5x4.5 (4 pieces)
23. Is it possible to submit any original documents by fax or online?
No, prospective students are highly encouraged to submit their original documents by themselves.
24. When is the Entrance Examination going to be held?
It will be held on the following dates:
July 19 (Thursday): SOCIE (for Contract Basis applicants and for Scholarship Basis applicants)
July 20 (Friday): SOL (for Basis applicants)
*However all applicants are required to take a part Orientation of Entrance Examination on July 18 (Wednesday) 2017.
25. What kind of examination will be held for SOCIE department?
For SOCIE - Mathematics in written form, 20 questions (60 minutes);
- Physics in written form, 20 questions (60 minutes).
*Total Score is calculated by sum of 60% of mathematics and 40% of physics scores. Maximum possible total score is 100 point.
26. What kind of examination will be held for SOL department?
For SOL - Mathematics in written form, 20 questions (60 minutes);
*Maximum possible score is 100 point.
27. When will result of entrance examination be announced?
The final results of the entrance examinations will be announced by August 6 (Monday) 2018, and the list of admitted applicants will be posted on the website, www.inha.uz
28. Is the entrance examination of IUT related to STC (State test center) of Uzbekistan?
No, IUT entrance examination is not related to the STC of Uzbekistan. It is fully carried out by sole responsibility of Inha University in Korea.
TUITION, FEES, SCHOLARSHIPS AND FINANCIAL AID
29. How much is the tuition fee at IUT?
Annual tuition fee at IUT is as follows for Citizens of Uzbekistan:
For SOCIE- the equivalent of 28,500,000 Uzbek soums for one academic year.
For SOL - the equivalent of 30,000,000 Uzbek soums for one academic year.
30. What covers an annual paid tuition fee?
Annual tuition fee includes only a payment for a study tuition fee and book expenses. Please be reminded that the tuition fee does not cover payment for Dormitory.
31. Are there any Founder’s Grants offered by IUT?
Yes, each year IUT provides 10 students (in total) with founder’s grant on a competition basis. The Founder’s grant enables students to study at the university free of charge for 4 years. Founder’s Grant holders must maintain the GPA of 3.5 or above in order to retain their grant. For SOL, top 5 students who successfully passed the entrance exam will be awarded with Academic Scholarship for one semester. However, prospective students are kindly advised to secure their own funding or a sponsor.
32. Is there any requirement to pay back Founder’s Grants?
No. However grant recipients are encouraged to sign a contract with their Sponsors which includes a part to work for the Founder’s company for a certain period of time depending on a company’s contract.
33. When is the deadline for a tuition payment?
Every applicant who is accepted to IUT, must sign a contract with University and required to do the payment of tuition fee from August 9 (Wednesday) 2018 until August 23 (Friday) 2018.
34. What scholarships are available at IUT?
Academic scholarships can be considered in the following semester for students with exceptional achievements who obtain a high GPA (grade point average).
35. Is the amount of annual tuition fee different for International students?
Yes, it is different.
For SOCIE - the equivalent of 7,000 USD for one academic year/3,500 USD per semester
For SOL - the equivalent of 7,250 USD for one academic year/3,625 USD per semester.
The tuition fee is paid in the US dollars.
36. Does IUT provide dormitory?
Yes, it does. But for the time being, IUT can provide only a limited number of rooms in the dormitory of the TUIT (Tashkent University of Information Technologies). A modern style dormitory for IUT students will be built soon.
37. Does IUT send its students to Korea for study programs?
IUT was created, not with a purpose of sending the students to Korea, but to bring the world class academic standards and study opportunities of the prestigious Korean University to Uzbekistan. However, Inha University in Korea annually organizes 3-week “Summer School” event, and top 10 students will be selected in a competition basis.
38. I am older than most students. Does this affect my application's chances?
There is no age restriction when applying to IUT. We welcome individuals of any age to apply.
39. I am citizen of another country. (Not Uzbekistan). Can I still apply as an international student?
Yes, you can apply as an international student. However, admission procedure will be the same as for other regular applicants.
40. We are a company based in Uzbekistan. Can we invite IUT students to do internship at our company?
IUT encourages students to participate in real projects to gain valuable experience. Any companies, interested in attracting interns from IUT, should send email to email@example.com with information on internship requirements.
If you have any further questions regarding admissions, please contact Admissions office by calling +998712899999 (ext. 0122, 0125, 0127) or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Office :||9, Ziyolilar str., M.Ulugbek district, Tashkent city|
|Phone :||+998 71 289-99-99|
|Fax :||+998 71 269-00-58|
|Website :||www.iut.uz, www.inha.uz|