Non-tenure Track Professor Recruitment Notice for the 1st semester of 2023
◇ This notice is for foreigners applying for the following recruitment area.
□ Areas of Recruitment and Requirements
|Department||Areas Of Recruitment||Requirements||Opening||Subject|
|Financial management and Accounting||○ Specialized Faculty in education and research
* Mandatory Requirement
– Professors with at least 20 years of teaching and research experiences or with equivalent experiences
(Currently enrolled faculty at IUT and Uzbeks can apply regardless of their experiences)
– An experienced faculty from foreign universities, or local universities
– A researcher from foreign and local government(private included) research centers
○ Excellent field experience
* Mandatory Requirement
– A person with more than 20 years of related-industry work experiences or with equivalent experiences
– A person with a qualified field experiences in the expertise
○ Common Criteria for applicants
– Doctoral degree holders and experienced lecturers at preferred universities
– A person who does not have a reason to be disqualified for overseas travel, as he/she will teach at IUT, Uzbekistan after the appointment
– A person who can give lectures in English
※ Responsible time 12 to 15 hours per week
|0||Financial management and Accounting|
□ General Information
◯ The employee will be appointed as non-tenure track professor focused on education, as of March 1st, 2023
◯ Please be advised that it is not possible to postpone the appointment date due to personal reasons
◯ The contract is for two years and can be renewed according to the evaluation criteria for contract renewal
◯ Master’s or higher degree holders who does not have a reason to be disqualified for the appointment as faculty at a private school (a person who is expected to obtain a master’s degree as of the application deadline is not eligible for the application)
◯ Video interview is available if applicants are at overseas, and partial airfare is provided if qualified as the final interviewee
◯ Submission Period : September 7 (Wed) 2022 ~ September 21 (Wed), 2022 by 3 PM, Korean Standard Time
※ How to Apply : Online application only
※ All candidates are required to upload the documents online only. Postal submissions are not allowed.
※ All information of the required documents should be accurate. If wrong information, errors, or omissions are found at the required documents, the candidate will be excluded from the evaluation.
※ If a candidate does not complete the online submission by the deadline, the candidate will be disqualified.
※ How to Apply: Online
◯ Required Items
– Personal information, education, career, and etc.
- Research Papers
– Research papers from October 1, 2019 to September 30, 2022 only are accepted.
(Only the ‘published’ papers are accepted; The papers scheduled to be published will not be accepted..)
– Available online, online accepted, DOI, on press, in press, early access, and Epub ahead of print are not accepted. Only the ‘volume’ and ‘page’ types of papers are accepted.
– Online research papers (papers published only on the web without any physically printed matters) in the form of ‘volume’ and have the ‘publication date’ will be accepted.
– Research papers not accepted: Research papers (proceedings) presented in domestic or international academic conferences in areas other than the field of CS (Computer Science, collection of university research papers, Type 1 or 2 Books, Textbooks, general books, research reports, other writings, and etc.
- Personal Statement
– Visit the online application page (//itislink.inha.ac.kr/newProf/IS_61002/Login.aspx), and fill out the form.
◯ Forms to be Submitted
- Undergraduate and Graduate School transcripts and diplomas
– A foreign university graduate: A copy of the diploma (If it is not in English, please attach an English translation.)
– If a candidate graduated from the university that does not provide any official transcripts, the candidate should submit other supporting documents which verify the candidate’s enrollment at the university.
– The supporting documents must verify his/her university entrance date, duration of study, course name and teaching method, and etc..
- Certificate of Employment
– All certificates of employment must be submitted, as it serves as the career evaluation.
– All certificates of employment should specify the followings; work departments, responsibilities, work period, and employment type(full/part). (If not specified, the additional salary-related documents such as withholding receipts should be submitted)
★ Various types of contracts, job offers or written confirmations of research project participations will not be accepted.
– When a certificate of employment is issued in a foreign language, a Korean translation should be submitted(with the candidate’s signature on the translation).
– When a candidate has worked as a lecturer or a non-tenure track professor (adjunct and visiting professors, etc.), he/she should submit the certificate with the total class hours of each semester.
– Part-time jobs or other extracurricular activities (for example, as a board member of an academic society), which are unrelated to the candidate’s lecture career, should not be entered
- Letter of Recommendation: Recommendations from two or more experts in the relevant field (to be submitted after the announcement of the 1st successful candidates)
– Recommendation letter is only required for the applicants who passed the 1st round.
As 2nd round will proceed shortly, it is recommended to prepare the letter in advance.
– Recommendation letters with signature, seal, and the date is valid
– How to apply: The recommender is asked to send a letter of recommendation by email.(firstname.lastname@example.org).
– There is no specific form for the letter of recommendation. The recommender is asked to scan, and send it to the email above, with his/her signature on the letter of recommendation.
- Copy of the evidence for 「All Research Papers」
– All research papers published within the last 3 year (from September 2019 to August 2022)
– The Phd thesis which was published within the last 3 years can be listed on the candidate’s research papers. However, the thesis cannot be accepted if the same contents have already been posted in a certified academic journal.
– Only the research papers published during the period of October 1, 2019 to September 30, 2022 will be accepted. Any papers before/after the designated period above will not be accepted.
– Papers that have not yet been published will not be accepted.
– As for online academic journals, only those whose publication year and month, volume and page numbers are specified will be accepted.
- Course Syllabus (File name when you upload : Course syllabus_applicant’s name)
◯ Application Schedule
– Announcement on Successful Candidates of the 1st round : October 19(Wednesday) 2022
– 2nd round (Presentation and in-depth interview): November 24, (Mon) ~ October 28 (Fri), 2022
Detailed schedule to be announced after the announcement on successful candidates of the 1st round
– Announcement on Successful Candidates of the 2nd round: November 4(Fri) 2022
– 3rd round (final interview): November 7(Mon) ~ November 18(Fri) 2022
※ Above Schedule is subject to change according to the circumstances.
- Passport Copy 「Only for Foreigners」
– You are responsible for any disadvantage arising from errors, false information and lack of documents on your application. If any information is found to be false, appointment will be canceled.
– Cross-applications are not available in all areas of recruitment.
– All information entered online can be re-accessed and revised during the online application period. However, the information will not be revised after the application period ends.(at 15:00 on September 21st, 2022 – Korean Time)
– First and second round results will be notified to the e-mail addresses written on your application
– In case that no one is deemed qualified, the recruitment may not be made based on Section 4 Article 3 of the “Educational Civil Employment Ordinance, “(Recruitment for University Faculty)
– Received documents will not be returned
Inha University 100 Inha-ro, Michuhol-Gu
Office of Academic Human Resources (University Main Building #142)
Incheon, 22212, KOREA
Tel : 032) 860-7051, 7053
|※ Please fill out course syllabi for the subjects (two or more) you can teach after the appointment. (Free format)|